violin problems

octavius button at to.button
Tue Oct 15 18:00:24 EST 2002

I've just taken up violin in the last few months.  Seems like my ear is
either developing, or deteriorating, not sure which.  Seems I can't handle
the high overtones of the fiddle.  I have another fiddle that has very few
overtones, and I can tolerate it fine.

I have, or had two years ago, a 25db loss in the left and a 40db loss in the
right ear, mostly highs.  Sorry, can't remember anymore details than that.

I have some hearing aids, but rarely wear them.  Started wearing them again
just to get me used to hearing highs again so that when I got home to
practice, it wouldn't be such an affront to my system.

I'm going to see  about getting some new profiles loading into my hearing
aids, ones that are for listening to music.  Maybe that will do something,
maybe not.  Anyone got any experience with this?

Dwight