Helping a hearing impaired relative

Mary Sweeney sweeneyn14 at
Wed Apr 23 03:49:45 EST 2003

My mother-in-law has a form of hearing loss that is only slightly helped
with a hearing aid. That is not the issue I want to address, though. I'd
like to find other kinds of devices that would help her through her day. For
example, she can't hear the phone or the doorbell. She lives alone and I
worry about her. I believe that there are some devices that can be attached
to the telephone and doorbell which would flash lights and/or vibrate when
the phone or doorbell are activated. Same kind of thing for the microwave
and alarm clock?  Can you please tell me where I could find these kinds of

Thanks so much.
Mary R. Sweeney
Exceed Training
marys at