Independent reviews of digital hearing aids?

rex rex at aol.com
Mon May 12 03:05:06 EST 2003

It appears I've lost 50% of the hearing in my left ear according to a visit
to my Costco hearing aid center. The audiologist there ensured that I would
get a medical opinion before buying a hearing aid. And I'm in the process of
doing that although the Veteran's Administration is a tad slow these days.
In the meantime I've been perusing the internet trying to find reviews on
hearing aids. Consumer reports have none. At a grand each to begin with, it
would seem that someone would review these for the benefit of the consumer.
They all can't be equivalent or are they? Is it like buying a Ford, Dodge or
Chevy in the same class of vehicle?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.