Question: How would you "value" a Dispenser business for sale?

S.Silver silverwheels1 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 19 04:00:48 EST 2004

I'm negotiating to buy a hearing aid dispenser business. Can anyone
out there
give me some good industry related questions to ask the owner. He has
owned the business for 30 years and wants to retire (He's 74 yrs old).
He only sells analog hearing aids because he feels digital is too
complex for him to understand, but he recommends that I get into
digital because I'm young. He says he'll train me and help me get
licensed.

He only works 4 days a week, he has a big office with almost no
inventory, he has no debt,grosses about $100,000 yrly. He has almost
no competition on his side of the city. He seems to have a good
reputation.

Generally, how much is a business of this description worth ?
Thank for your help.

S.Silver