[Audiology] Hearing aid recommendation

Cool Man shankskewl at yahoo.co.in
Sun Jul 30 23:50:25 EST 2006

Hi Jeff,
I got your email id from one of the internet sites where you had answered the query of one of the hearing impaired patients.
I too have a query for you and hope you will kindly reply to me.I am from India and suffer from the following hearing loss
 Freq : 250 500 1k 2k 4k 8k
Rt ear :20 30 50 70 90 110
Lt ear : 55 60 80 90 110 120
  The widex audiologist that I had been to suggested that for high frequency my repsonses in the left ear were kind of hopeless. She suggested only widex BTE's can help me and any other brands also only behind the ear (BTE) type aids can only help me. I am very heistant to wear BTE'S and would like to go for them as the last option.
Some questions :
1) Is it true that In the ear(ITE) type of hearing aid cannot help me at all?
2) Will I be able to hear normally at all even with hearing aids with my type of sloping loss?
3) Will noise/feedback  prevent me from hearing correctly if i wear an ITE?
  I ma working in a software environment wherein i need to speak to and understand foreign UK/USA clients. I only want a ITE/ITC/CIC hearing aid that will help me understand conversations clearly irrespective of distance or telephone. I am not bothered about hearing any other high frequency sounds.
  Kindly give me your valuable feedback.I hope you can spare some time to give me your feedback.
  Thanks,
Shankar