Two ABI 373's with stretch upgrade for sale

Bruce Roe BROE at
Fri Aug 9 08:19:35 EST 1996

Hi all,

The message from Harold prompts me to send a copy of my reply to everyone
in the news group.  Sorry about that but please pass it on to anyone who
might be interested in purchasing a "pre-owned" ABI 373.

My lab presently is involved in large scale genomic sequencing and we have 2
remaining 373's with stretch upgrade for sale.  I would like to switch totally
to the 377's because, for sequencing, we can more than double our through-put,
and life would be easier all the way around.  :-)

Both of these 373's are in excellent working condition, have been under
continuous service contract since they were purchased and continue to be run
twice a day for DNA sequencing giving excellent results. However, neither has
the 5 filter wheel upgrade.  If you or someone you know is interested, I
previously have sold 2 other 373's for $40,000 each plus the buyer pays the
shipping, and would be willing to sell the remaining two for a simililar price.

If you or someone you know is interested in purchasing one or both of these
373's from us, please let me know.

Cheers......Bruce Roe
Bruce A. Roe, Ph.D    Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
                      University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK 73019-0370, U.S.A.
Phone: (405) 325-4912 or 7610; FAX: (405) 325-7762; e-mail: broe at