Band compressions in autosequencing

Alexander Kraev kraev at
Sun Aug 25 11:15:42 EST 1996

Dear fellow autosequencers,
I run a LI-COR 4000L and have recently come across a
cluster of band compressions in a clone, that could not be
resolved despite the use of deaza-G and running gel at 50 C.
My questions are : is anyone using formamide-containing
gels in automated sequencing and is, say, 20-30% formamide
in the gel compatible with all these fluorescent dyes,
particularly in ABI machines? I am interested in modifying
the gel since in my case the polymerase has no problem
reading through problematic region, so that there is a true
compression, not a BAFL.
Alexander Kraev, PhD                     Internet:
kraev at