Bass (ABI reading software)

ISHIKAWA Jun jun at
Fri Aug 30 05:10:05 EST 1996

In article <4t8nrr$5qt at> Phil Davey <pd at> writes:

> In article <4t2tjf$ig0 at>, Michael J. Parlee <mparlee at UVic.CA> writes:
> > I've also had no luck getting Bass up and running. I tried compiling on a
> > SunIPX running SunOS 4.1.3. A friend in the computer science dept. has been
> > trying to work on it in his spare time for over a month now and still no
> > joy.
> 2. The Makefile needed tweaking. These changes may well be specific for my machine.
> CC_OPTS line:
> -I/usr/include/g++ added
> -L/usr/X11/lib changed to /usr/X11R6/lib
> -ltk4.0 changed to -ltk4.1
> -ltcl7.4 changed to -ltcl7.5
> -ldl added

In my case (SunOS-4.1.4):

	-I/usr/X11/include added
	-ltk4.0 changed to -ltk41
	-ltcl7.4 changed to -ltcl75
	-I/usr/X11/include -I/usr/include added

It is most important that you should use gcc-2.7.2.
I failed to compile it with gcc-2.6.3.

 ISHIKAWA Jun, Ph.D.	National Institute of Health
 (jun at	Dept. of Bioactive Molecules
                        Tokyo, JAPAN