assembly software

Janet Janet
Thu Dec 19 16:03:59 EST 1996

I've been sequencing cDNAs by primer walking using an ALF and an ALF
What's the easiest way to assemble the seqeunces and deal with
and conflicts?

At the moment I've just been exporting my sequences in GCG format and
using the
GCG fragment assembly software, which is fine until I want to deal with
ambiguities.  It would be nice to see the traces as I'm doing the
assembly -
does anyone know of any software to do this?

Janet Young

MRC Human Biochemical Genetics Unit   |   Tel: +44 (0)171 380 7777 ext
University College London,            |   Fax: +44 (0)171 387 3496
Wolfson House, 4 Stephenson Way,      | Email: janet at
London.   NW1 2HE   UK                |