best vector for EST library construction?

David L Adelson d.adelson at prospect.anprod.csiro.au
Thu Jul 4 10:43:40 EST 1996

We are about to embark on the construction of a new cDNA library for an EST
project.  We have been using a unidirectional lambdaZAP II library with good
results (in vivo excision, RPM miniprep kit DNA purification, ABI Prism
sequencing), but we would like our new library to be made in a vector which
lacks the NotI site in MCS.  The reason for this is that the NotI site gives
us terrible background on DIG labelled riboprobe in situs.  We would prefer
to have the library made for us rather than do it ourselves.

Does anyone have any useful ideas?

Thanks,

Dave

*DAVE ADELSON  "what, me worry?"                                  *
*CSIRO DIVSION OF ANIMAL PRODUCTION                               *
*SYDNEY LAB                                                       *
*SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA                                                *
*"THE USUAL DISCLAIMER APPLIES"                                   *

When in charge, ponder
When in trouble, delegate
When in doubt, mumble