Bionet and Update

Mr. D.J. Cain dcain at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Fri Mar 15 16:39:10 EST 1996

Dear Sequencers ,

Just to bring you all up to date with what is going on . The
bionet.genome.autosequencing is now set up and running , the posting
addresses are :

autoseq at net.bio.net  ( for America and Pacific Rim members )
autoseq at daresbury.ac.uk  ( for Uk members )

The group is moderated by myself and Robert Feakes at Cambridge .
The mailbase group should now be considered redundant and feel free to
unsubscribe yourselves in the next few weeks .

For the next two or three weeks Robert will be incharge of the group as I am
loosing internet acess . The best chance of getting a  message to me will be
via my account at the HGMP resource centre ( dcain at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk ) . The
reason for this is that as of Tuesday I will no longer work for the ICR and
have a short period of time before starting my new job working for Lark
Sequencing Technologies Inc near Cambridge . I do not have an email account
set up yet but will let you all know as soon as I do .

I would like to take this oppertunity to thank you all for your
participation in the newsgroup and the support that you have given me . I am
happy to see how well the newsgroup has expanded over its first year and
hope that this will just be the first of many .

If there is anyone in the London area that would like to celebrate my move
let me know as there will be generous quantities of beer consumed in a South
Kensington pub on Tuesday evening . I will still be available for wedding ,
christanings , consultations and general merry making on 0973 641839 and fax
0171 720 3454 .

I wish you all the best in the next few weeks and cant wait to be back on
line .

Yours Sequencingly ,

David Cain

PS Roberts email address is rwf at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk .