PolyT primer experience

Luc Simon lsimon at rsvs.ulaval.ca
Sun Mar 17 05:56:58 EST 1996

Dear fellow sequencers,

I would very much appreciate any advice on synthesizing a good PolyT primer
to be able to sequence cDNA templates containing the polyA tail. Its been
our experience that sometimes the sequences are not so pretty when we try
to go thru the polyA tail. It would be nice to have a polyT primer
(probably anchored with a 3' degenerate position,A/C/G) that would
circumvent the stuttering problem and yield nicer readouts. What would be
the recommended lenght of the polyT, used at which concentration in ABI's
Prism dyedeoxy procedure? (We are using 48cm WTR plates on the 373S, PRISM
DyeDeoxy Taq FS kits)

Best wishes to all!

Luc Simon

Coordonnateur des services scientifiques
1125 Charles-Eugene Marchand                         tel.  (418) 656-5496
Universite Laval                                              fax.  (418)
656-7176
Sainte-Foy, Que G1K 7P4