DMSO

Eugen C. Buehler buehler+ at pitt.edu
Tue Mar 19 04:41:14 EST 1996

   A while back, either in this group or the ABRF mailing list, there was
a brief discussion about using DMSO to help sequence through secondary
structure problems.  I'm interested in giving my clients in our department
the option of adding DMSO to the template/primer mix they submit for
automated sequencing (ABI 377, FS, dye-terminator).  I'ld like to hear
from people who have used DMSO in this way, in specific the concentration
recommended.  Also, since clients would be adding the DMSO to their
DNA/primer mix and placing the tube in a fridge where it would remain for
up to 72 hours, any information on possible deleterious effects of the
DMSO over this kind of period would be appreciated.

Eugen Buehler
University of Pittsburgh