software to read ABI trace files under Windows

Shaun Shaun
Mon Nov 25 10:52:44 EST 1996

Hi Brian,

So far people have been giving you info on Web sites for what I =
assume is
shareware.  Here is some concrete info provided you=92re willing to =
pay for
it.  I use a program called LaserGene produced by DNAStar.  In =
addition
to being an all around package for DNA and protein sequence analysis =
it
has the ability to read ABI chromatogram files in its SeqEdit module. =

This part of the program is designed for contig assembly for =
sequencing
projects.  It will automatically assemble your contig and allow you =
edit it by viewing the chromatograms.  All you have to do is copy the =
Mac
files to a disk and the program will be able to read them (this is
provided you are running a Mac with the ability to recognize PC disks =
--
if not things are a little more complicated but still possible).  The
entire analysis package is a little pricey (about $3500 Canadian --

Shaun Tyler
DNA Core Facility
Laboratory Centre for Disease Control
Health Canada