half-term

mbjzg at seqnet.dl.ac.uk mbjzg at seqnet.dl.ac.uk
Tue Nov 26 08:57:01 EST 1996

Dear All,
I have successfully been using GenPAk's half-term for the past couple of
weeks
and have found no noticeable deterioration in signal strength of sequence
data
using my current setup (373A, plasmid sequencing). I haven't as yet tried
dilute the halfTerm further to 1 in 7 but plan this for the future. In the
meantime I have no reservations about recommending it to anyone out
there. It
costs about UKP99 for enough to dilute 200 sequencing reactions on a 1:1
basis.
Cheers
Joe Gaughan

        Has anyone tried this kit addition out yet,and how do the results
compare?

        If the manufacturers claims are accurate and you can dilute to kit
7:1 then it will bring down the cost to a fraction of the current slightly
high figures (in the UK)

        it seems to work with pgem but i was wondering what sort of data
you get with normal sequencing reactions

andy davies