STORAGE OF SEQUENCE RXNS.

George George
Wed Oct 2 14:05:33 EST 1996

In article <52avt3$ak9 at net.bio.net>, Ian Ridgers, ir at nhm.ac.uk wrote:

::How does everyone else store their stuff ?

Ian,

Typically, we store dried-down reactions for less than a week at -20
degrees.  However, we've had reactions stay at that temp for over 3 months
with no loss of signal.  We also had one of those "unofficial" experiments
where samples sat at room temp for 3 days (in the dark...long weekend).  I
think the most important thing is that the STAY dried-down and should be
kept away from long exposures with ambient light (the dyes reduce).

Cheers!
George

--
"People are DNA's way of making more DNA."(Edward O. Wilson, 1975)
\ / \  \ / \  \ / \  \ /   George Mayhew   \ / \  \ / \  \ / \  \