gel storage

Bruce Roe BROE at aardvark.ucs.ou.edu
Thu Oct 10 09:05:12 EST 1996

Carol,
	We do 2-3 day storage of gels by adding a moist paper towel under the
plastic wrap and then seal the plastic wrap with that infamous tape we're not
using to seal the plates with any more and still have several rolls of left.
We then have been storing them in the cold room or at room temp in a drawer
after covering with Al-foil to prevent light exposure, and they work fine
after 2-3 days.
	:-)
Cheers again.......bruce

 You write:
=>
=>          We are using the Perkin-Elmer ABI 377 Prism for mapping.  We would
=> like to make our gels in advance,  Friday in preparation for early Monday
=> morning.  We have tried to store them over the weekend and have found they
=> they dry out even when the top and bottom of the gel are wrapped with
=> plastic wrap.  We think that perhaps we can prevent this by wrapping the
=> gel and storing it in the refrigerator.  Have you had any success with this
=> method, or do you have any suggestions for us?
=>         Thank you very much for your help.
=> Carol Markey
=>
=>
=>