GelCompar analysis software and ABI377

Richard Richard
Thu Oct 17 11:56:18 EST 1996

I am looking for alternatives to the ABI Genotyper software.  I am
looking at a large population of individuals using fluorescent AFLP
analysis to generate "fingerprints".  I need to extract the data from
Genescan in a binary format that can be used with NT-SYS, PAUP, Phylip,
etc. I have been able to make Genotyper work for this purpose, but it is
slow and labor intensive.  I saw an advertisement for GelCompar and
wondered if anyone has tried this software.  The brochure says it is
capable of directly importing absorbance profiles from a variety of
sequencers. In addition, it is suppose to do many of the types of
analysis I require. Does anyone have experience using this software with
an ABI377. Please e-mail me directly, as I don't check this newsgroup on
a daily basis.  I will post any information I receive on the newsgroup
at a later date.

Thanks,
	Rich
--