Cheap Tape

Anthony Tomlinson tomlinson at
Tue Oct 22 17:29:04 EST 1996

In article <53e4qc$pgp at> Laura A. Cox, lCOX at
>  1.Can anyone tell me precisely how to pour the plates without tape?
>>        I watched someone do it with some 34cm wtr plates but when I tried
>>        to do it with some 48cm wtr plates it was a disaster.  (snipped)

As well as the method above (pippetting a bead of gel onto the lower
plate, and
lowering or sliding the upper plate on), you can also just clamp the
We now have a 377 with its cassette, but before that I was pouring 0.4mm
horizontally by clamping the plates together with about 6 bulldog clips
gels, I think) and then just running the gel in from a syringe.  I think
key must be clean plates, so that the gel runs in cleanly, but doesn't
run out
of the bottom.  Incidentally, I once tried hot glue to seal plates
following a
methds.rgts thread - disaster!  The glue expanded as it cooled, so the
comb was