Ian Ian
Wed Sep 25 05:01:07 EST 1996

Mornin' all

Just a quick question.

I currently store all sequence rxns (cycle sequenced dye terminator ABI
etc) at -70. Now I think I started doing this because, someone probably
told me that the dried down pellet would last longer etc (ie. Upto a
maybe three).

Obviously what I want to know (I'm trying to get an independent stand
freezer for the facility) is ......

How does everyone else store their stuff ?

Someone has just told me stuff will last at least 2 weeks at -20.

As an aside (mail me separatley) Hints and Tips for the 377 required.
run conditions, software etc (I'm getting a new toy soon and would like as
little hassle as possible).

If I get a VERY good response I'll make some sort of FAQ out of the

Thanks in advance

Ian Ridgers

Dept. of Zoology
The Natural History Museum