Big Dye blobs with AGTC plates

DNA Services dna_services at cornell.edu
Fri Dec 5 16:11:41 EST 1997

where are the blobs that you are talking about?  We had problems with AGTC
plates having blobs about 200bp.  We switched to millipore multiscreen
system and those blobs are gone.  We still see big red and yellow blobs at
the beginning of each lane when we see the big dyes and we have not been
able to get rid of them.  We reduced our spin times and we reduced the
intensity of these blobs, but have not eliminated them completely.  Maybe
reducing the amount of Big Dyes used would help.

Tom Stelick

DNA Sequencing Facility
BioResource Center
157 Biotech Bldg