Norton utilities and Genescan on 310

Agnes Agnes
Wed Jul 2 08:10:59 EST 1997

Hi
Does anyone know if it's ok to have Norton utilities on the Powermac that
runs Genescan for the 310? Recently all our lab macs had Norton utilities
installed and since then I keep getting the message that the bitmap is
incorrect on my hard disc. Our Mac is dedicated to the ABI310 and runs
only
Genescan. I ignored the message but after a week the system crashed ie we
kept getting the message that the mac and the 310 could not communicate.
The ABI people here suspect it's Norton utilities and took that off but
the
computer guys think that Norton must have picked up something that's wrong
with the Genescan program itself.
Any advice?
Thanks
Agnes