Dir. Seq. of small PCR frag.

Charles Charles
Tue Jul 22 10:42:09 EST 1997

Thank you to everyone who replied to my posting re: direct sequencing of a
small PCR product and the 'high signal' problem which prompted my post.  I
recieved many helpful suggestions, both via e-mail and replies posted
here.
The solution in fact turned out to be rather simple: a combination of
reducing
the loading amount and setting the read endpoint within a few bases of the
fragment ending.  I really appreciate the time and effort it took for
people
to help me out, and I must say that having this resource available is
extremely valuable to everyone in the community.

Thanks again!

Charles Warren, student
Molecular Biomarker Laboratory
DEH, University of Washington