sample denaturation

Eckloff Eckloff
Thu Jun 5 15:38:15 EST 1997

 I have just started using microtiter plates to purify and dry my
sequencing samples. I would like to know how others using microtiter
plates
heat their samples before loading? I have placed them in a heating block
and a water bath at 95 degrees C for 5 minutes. However, if I put water in
one of wells of the plate and measure the temp it only reaches about 60
degrees C. Is this a problem with denaturing the reaction products? Or is
this simply to crude a way to measure the temp of the samples. If it is a
problem with denaturation does anyone have any suggestions?
                Thanks,
                        Bruce