PCR purification

Skip Vaught, Catalina Apostol, Brian Coullahan, and Mark Skip Vaught, Catalina Apostol, Brian Coullahan, and Mark
Wed Jun 11 08:49:45 EST 1997

>Hi
>
>Does anyone know of an off the shelf PCR purification method for 96 well
>plates (prior to sequencing).  We're currently using Qiagen columns, which
>although effective, are the rate limiting step when you have 96 samples to
>purify!!
>
>Thanks
>
>Jo Daniels

>Jo Daniels, Research Scientist
>GEMINI RESEARCH LTD
>162 Science Park
>Milton Road
>Cambridge
>CB4 4GH
>UK
>Tel:	+44 (0)1223 435317
>Fax:	+44 (0)1223 435301   Email: jo.daniels at gemini-research.co.uk

Hello,

May I suggest the 96 well PCR purification kit from Advanced Genetic
Technologies Corp. of Gaithersburg MD. USA.  It comes with the wells
loaded
with prehydrated separation resin. You simply spin out the excess
hydration
buffer on a swing out rotor, load, and spin into a 96 well collection
plate. It's, very convenient, fast, and gives a good yield.  We also use
their single load columns to clean up our reaction products for Automated
DNA Sequencing.  Good stuff!

You can reach them by E-mail at: agtc at access.digex.net

Best regards,

Skip Vaught