DNA sequencing position

mlassner at ccmail.calgene.com mlassner at ccmail.calgene.com
Tue Jun 17 08:30:34 EST 1997

We have a position open in our DNA sequencing laboratory.  This is a core
lab
that provides services to other Calgene researchers.  The position
requires good
communication skills to facilitate interaction with the researchers.
Much of
the work entails operation of an ABI DNA sequencer, oligonucleotide
design, and
contig assembly.  We also are involved in small EST projects.  The
position also
has a part-time responsibility to carry out lipid related research.  This
facet
of the position involves analysis of transgenic plants and general
molecular
biology research.  You can send an e-mail to me if you have any
questions, or
send an application to the address below.

Mike

CALGENE, INC.
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Date:  June 16, 1997

Position Title:   Research Associate - DNA Chemistry

Description of Duties:  This position is responsible for DNA sequencing,
oligonucleotide synthesis, computer analysis of DNA sequences; general
molecular
biology, and transgenic plant analysis.

Minimum Qualifications: B.S. in genetics, biochemistry or related field.
Molecular biology laboratory experience.  Good computer skills,
preferably with
the MacOS.

Additional relevant experience:  DNA sequencing experience.  Experience
with
Vax, unix, or windows operating systems.  Computer programming skills.

                EOE M/F/H/V

Reports to:         Mike Lassner, Senior Scientist

Application Procedures:     Forward cover letter and resume/summary of
experience to:

                Calgene, Inc.
                1920 Fifth Street
                Davis, California 95616