General stuff.

Stuart Stuart
Wed Jun 18 11:49:41 EST 1997

Hello Everyone,

Just a few things...

1.  The new dRhodamine dyes from PE-ABI.  I've tried them and they work
great...although I'm not sure about the small amount of DNA that can be
used in a
reaction (maybe really low levels of ultra-pure DNA in Foster City), but
perhaps not
in the 'real world'.

2.  What about people with 373a's?  Are you not just a little bit annoyed
by not
being able to use these dyes???  What are PE-ABI doing about this?

3.  I recently had an XL upgrade to one of my 377's (at no small cost)
why is it
that in about 30 gels (at 48 lanes each) I have to re-track EVERY LANE ON
EVERY GEL?
Talk about a weak point.  Can someone at PE-ABI write some decent
tracking software?
PLEASE??  My other 377 uses the older software as gets it correct about
90% of the
time.  Not bad for an 'old timer'!!!!!!!

Oh, and before I forget (let's call this point 4...) will everyone use
the (possibly
cheaper??) Amersham dye terminators if they don't want to/can't use the
'new' PE-ABI
dye kits?  How many poeple already use them?  I found NO difference
whatsoever
between the kits ('old' ABI and Amersham) when used.  So will people go
for a saving
or better performance?

A bit of discussion if you please!

Bye!