Mutation Detection with new dyes

mullenlynne at mullenlynne at
Wed May 14 14:21:15 EST 1997

In article <5la10e$ljf at>, writes:
> Path:!!!!
> From: Jo Daniels, jkd at
> Newsgroups: bionet.genome.autosequencing
> Subject: Mutation Detection with new dyes
> Date: 13 May 1997 08:22:54 -0700
> Sender: daemon at
> Has anyone in the group used either the new ABI dye primers /terminators
> or the Amersham dye primers for mutation detection methods.  I'm
> interested in hearing if these new dyes are as good as they're made out.
> Any information will be posted back to the group.
> Email:
> JKD at
> Thanks in advance
> Jo Daniels
 I just tried using them for screening a gene for an autosomal dominant
disease I'm working on. I was very pleasantly surprised by the dye
kit that just came out. Before, I would receive a slight "G" signal
inside my
"A" and that has completely disappeared. Also, the peak heights are very
compared to peak heights from the previous dye terminator kit.
	Hope that helps,

	Lynne Mullen