Genescan gels

Michael Dorschner mod at csd.uwm.edu
Tue Oct 21 04:08:37 EST 1997

Hello,

        We have recently upgraded our 373 to a 373 stretch model.
        We would like to use the small gel plates for running Genescan
        applications (Microsatellites, AFLP, etc.).

        We would like to purchase pre-mixed acrylamide solution to use
        with the small plates for these applications but the well-to-read
        distance has changed to 34cm and we need to adjust the acrylamide
        concentration accordingly.  It seems that every company that markets
        pre-made solutions has their own recommendations for use with
        the ABI instrument......

        What are people using ?

        Mike

Michael Dorschner