Blue Haze on the 377, (repost)

Mads Wichmann wichmann at biobase.dk
Mon Feb 16 05:45:12 EST 1998

--
We have recently run into a problem with two blue hazes appearing on the
gel around 1400 and 2030 scanpoints (ABI 377). We use the Big Dye
chemistry, and we haven4t seen this kind of poblem using other kinds of
labelling. We precipitate the samples exactly as recommended by PE. This
problem is not what we see when the samples are precipitated incorrectly.
Furthermore these blue signals seem to be more intense using the Long
Ranger gel mix, compared to using gelmix from BDH.
Has anyone run into this before?

Mads Wichmann,
Denmark.