Bernd Weisshaar weisshaa at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
Thu Feb 19 21:03:30 EST 1998

>We have recently purchased a 377 XL upgrade and would like to know if
>any users have suggestions on the best way to load a 64 lane gel.  We
>are interested in the multi-channel pipets and syringes on the market,
>and which, if any, work best for loading 64 lanes.
>
>Rebecca Taylor
>U.C. San Francisco

Dear Autoseq-er's,

we have the HT upgrade since several months and still fight with the same
problem. It is difficult to load the gels, and the best solution for us w=
as
to load one-by-one with a 2-microliter pipete and gel-loader tips. With
increasing experience its getting better (and quicker), but if there woul=
be an alternative .... great! Did someone try the "soak the probe into
filter paper and put the filter on the gel"-approach?

Best regards, Bernd

PD Dr. Bernd Weisshaar
MPI f=FCr Z=FCchtungsforschung
Carl-von-Linn=E9-Weg 10
50829 K=F6ln
Germany

Tel: +49-221-5062 590   Fax: +49-221-5062 313
e-mail: weisshaa at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
WWW-URL: http://www.mpiz-koeln.mpg.de/~weisshaa/BW-info.html