MJ Thermalcycler alternatives???

Stephen R. Lasky, Ph.D. srlasky at u.washington.edu
Thu Jan 15 06:38:26 EST 1998

Eric:  How old are your tetrads?  We had similar problems with our tetrads
and were considering switching over to the new PE 9700's.  However, MJR
replaced our dead tetrad (and dead loaner) with a new base and alpha units
over two months ago and we have had no problems with the new, redesigned
units.

Take home point is that from our experience, they seem to have worked out
the bugs in their machine.  You might want to give them a call and see if
they will replace their old units with the newest versions.

Stephen R. Lasky
Univ. of Wash. Molecular Biotechnology