Yellow haze

Michael Dorschner mod at csd.uwm.edu
Thu Jan 22 19:07:03 EST 1998

Fellow sequencers,

        We have recently run in to a problem with a yellow haze appearing
        on the gel (ABI 373A stretch).
        We have been using a pre-mixed acrylamide solution from Sigma.
        The haze can be seen immediately after initiating the
        gel run. In addition to the yellow, we also see blue lines,
        or streaks running the length of the gel....
        Is it the gel itself, the plates, etc. ???

        Has anyone run into this before ??  If you have, what can we
        do to eliminate this problem ?

        Any help would be greatly appreciated !

        Mike Dorschner

Michael Dorschner