310 memory problem

guilly01 at mchip00.med.nyu.edu guilly01 at mchip00.med.nyu.edu
Mon Jan 26 15:15:41 EST 1998

Hello ABI "sequencers" -

Our 310 Genetic Analyzer has recently developed a particular quirk - It
claims to run out of memory - and either stops running or fails to save
the data (I assume it has collected) - Defragmenting the hard drive has
not solved the problem - and Norton Disk doctor did not pick up on any
significant problems on the Mac -

Since we have not changed how we run the unit - (The Mac is devoted
solely to running the Collection program and automatically analyzing the
data) - I see no reason to have memory problems - ABI Tech support
recommended buying more RAM - and although this would solve the
immediate problem - I am afraid it will not cure the "ailment" -

Any thoughts on this matter, would be greatly appreciated -

Thanks in advance -

Frances

Frances Weis-Garcia, Ph.D.
The Rockefeller University