John E. Blume jblume at
Tue Jun 30 15:25:11 EST 1998

Dr. Jones:

Sequencher has served my group well for several years. The current version
is fairly robust for assembly on our medium scale projects (10 - 20 kb by
shotgun sequencing), but the lack of any usage of quality calls from
traces (ala phred,phrap,consed) is a disadvantage for higher throughput

GeneCodes has a demo if you want to give it a test drive.

John E. Blume, PhD
Head of Genomics
Metabolex, Inc.