short sequence?

Mr K Dai kdai at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Thu Nov 5 17:25:22 EST 1998

Hello, you all!

I observed a strange phenomenon that some of my sequencing samples gave
short sequences (-250bp) while others did not when I sequence directly on
the plasmid contructs. Does anyone has an idea of that? Since it should be
possible to go through further even if I know the insert is short.

And another, can anyone rovide me some suggestion of sequencing directly
on cosmids(-40kb)? What is the quality of cosmid it should be and which
prep. protocol should I follow?

Thanks for all kind responses in advance!

David Dai