poliT

Bruce Roe BROE at aardvark.ucs.ou.edu
Sun Nov 8 20:05:37 EST 1998

Greetings one and all,

	We, and others, including ABI, see URL:

  http://www2.perkin-elmer.com/ab/about/dna/dna_seq/chemopt.html

have had better success sequencing through long runs of poly Ts
or poly As using the ABI dRhodamine mix rather than the BigDye mix.

For GC rich regions, there now is a new BigDye mix in which the dITP has
been replaced with dGTP, I don't off hand know its part number so ask for
the "new BigDye mix containing dGTP rather than dITP".  We, Dr. Heiner
at ABI, and others had some very good success using this mix to sequence
through GC rich regions.

Cheers,
--bruce
Bruce A. Roe, Ph.D  George Lynn Cross Research Professor
                    University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK 73019-0370, U.S.A.
Phone: (405) 325-4912 or 7610;  FAX: (405) 325-7762;  e-mail: broe at ou.edu

 You write: