310 96well format

James Taylor jtaylor.ebi at erols.com
Wed Dec 15 20:33:39 EST 1999

I have recently ramped up to processing up to 96 samples at a time on my
310.  While I realize that I can not load the entire plate due to the speed
of the machine.  I can process 48 at a time.

The problem I am having is that I run the cycle sequence reaction  with the
BD kit in the 0.2 tubes using an Eppendorf Thermal Cycler.  I then proceed
to the precipitation stage following the protocol supplied by ABI.

Next I spin the DNA using an Eppendorf centrifuge.  I wonder if the DNA is
spinning down properly.

I was running 0.25x reactions with great results.  Now, however, I get junk
sequence.  Even at full concentration.

I use a quantitative ladder to estimate my plasmid concentrations, which
were prepared using the Quigen mini-prep system.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated,
Jim Taylor