Sequencing using human genome DNA as template

Barbara Simionati rhteam at
Thu Jun 17 18:13:11 EST 1999

Does anybody know if there is a protocol for sequencing using human
genomic DNA as template? I know it is possible for bacterial genome and
for yeast, but I have never heard about human.
Which are, theoretically, the main problems that arise when using
genomic DNAs as template? difficulties for the primer to find the
correct annealing site, problems in denaturation, something else?
Would it be useful to cut the DNA with a restriction enzyme?

Barbara Simionati

    Barbara Simionati
    CRIBI, University of Padua