Accuracy of PCR product seq.

Anders Holmberg cato at
Mon Mar 29 12:57:32 EST 1999

At 11:12 1999-03-26 , you wrote:
>In article <7delfn$141 at>, radomski <radomski at>
>>Has anyone come across an article that deals with the overall accuracy of
>>sequencing PCR products? I just replied that the error is
>>probably the same as the error rate of the Taq used in the PCR.

The error will most probably not show up in a "normal" sequencing run!

Worst case scenario:
You have 1 (one) DNA copy in your PCR...
An error is introduced in the first run....
You end up with a 1:4 ratio for that base...
Normally you have problems to distinguish
heterocygozity below 1:10

Anders Holmberg
Royal Institute of Technology (KTH)
Dep of Biochemistry