Robotics

Stephen R. Lasky srlasky at cellworks.mbt.washington.edu
Thu May 27 15:24:17 EST 1999

How roboticized to you want to be?  Hydra style (alot of human
intervention) or packard, biomek, multimek style (much less or no human
intervention)? Although I haven't worked with the highly automated
version myself, our organization has experience with both of these
styles.  let me know which way you want to go. If its fully automated
I'll talk to the people in the know for you (they are doing 175,000
reactions each day).  If you want the less automated style (say 2000
reactions per day) I'll answer from my experience (although both groups
do mostly terminators, we still do about 20% primers for genomic
sequencing).

srlasky

--
Stephen R. Lasky, Ph.D.			#