Sample stability on 3700 deck

Paul Shinn pshinn at
Thu Oct 28 17:21:25 EST 1999

   OK, one more question about using water to resuspend samples.  I've
found when using only water, the initial peaks are VERY strong and then
the signal quickly fades out.  I started with the 50:50 of water and
formamide/EDTA but the samples degrade by plate  4, however, the
peaks were more even.  For those of you running with water, is it just
water or have you doped it with a touch of formamide or EDTA?

Paul Shinn
Sequencing Coordinator                                    ,___o
pshinn at                            _-\_<,
Arabidopsis thaliana Genome Center                      (*)/'(*)
(215) 573-7256