sequencig.. basic help :)

Andreas Ertelt andy82 at gmx.net
Sun Dec 17 12:05:26 EST 2000

hi,

I have to write a program that sequences a piece of dna. Our task was to
randomly generate a chain of nucleotids, split two copies of this chains
with enzymes and reconstruct the original dna-fragment out of these pieces.
But I wanted to improve the program by making it ready for real sequencing.
I read a primer on molecular genetics and already have little little
knowledge about what I'm doing. Maybe someone of you might explain to me the
problems of sequencing? Another question... where to get information about
the ABI and SCF file format, and can I get example files somewhere?...

bye bye...