377 communication problem

Andrew Louka andrew.louka at embnet.uio.no
Thu Feb 24 03:48:37 EST 2000

On 16 Feb 2000 13:14:39 -0000, "Dr. Duncan Clark"
<Duncan at nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>The problem with being on the cutting edge is that you occasionally get
>sliced from time to time....

...and the slices are so often difficult to locate!  I support the
circuit break theory, but for the sake of completeness...

I had a similar problem once, where the machine stopped in the middle
of a run.  After hitting the cold reboot button on the back of the
377, and sending over a fresh firmware image, everything worked again.
The firmware image had somehow become corrupt.  We're all still
stumped to this day about how.  It's never repeated itself.

Institute of Immunology
University of Oslo
The National Hospital
N-0027 Oslo, Norway