better than eSeq for licor

felipe wettstein felipe at spin.ch
Mon Jul 24 06:04:46 EST 2000

> In article <8l83uh$qld$1 at mercury.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk>,
>         felipe wettstein <felipe at spin.ch> writes:
> > hi
> >
> > our new sequencer (licor) was not shipped with a good base calling
> > software (eseq). it looks crappy, is extremely slow, and a lot of thing

> I would investigate Phred, Phrap, Consed, and the Staden package.

i tried staden package and i like it, but it needs the bases called
already, or trace files.
and so does phred and phrap (PHRED Documentation: ... Phred reads DNA
sequencer trace data, calls bases, ...)

to be more precise, i am looking for program that reads a picture of the
gel (like tif or whatever), and one can assign lanes or the program
finds them itselve, and produces trace files (i think it is called like
this, i mean the coloured curves of the scf files).
have a good week
felipe