better than eSeq for licor

James Bonfield jkb at arran.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jul 26 08:52:50 EST 2000

In <8lmjoe$dic$1 at mercury.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk> felipe wettstein <felipe at spin.ch> writes:

> to be more precise, i am looking for program that reads a picture of the
> gel (like tif or whatever), and one can assign lanes or the program
> finds them itselve, and produces trace files (i think it is called like
> this, i mean the coloured curves of the scf files).
> have a good week
> felipe

I believe the Sanger Centre have tools for doing this, although they wrote
them to work with ABI images. I've seen a similar program at the Whitehead
Institute too (which was also their own system). I'd try trawling through of
their web and ftp sites to see if you can find a list of the inhouse software
tools they developed.

James
--
James Bonfield (jkb at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk)   Tel: 01223 402499   Fax: 01223 213556