base pair calling

P.L.Roddam MEDPLR at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Jun 6 10:02:49 EST 2000

To anyone who can help

Our laboratory has recently changed from using the Rhod.Kit to
using the Big Dye Terminator kit.  Despite the raw data looking
more than adequate, base calling does not begin until
approximately  100bp after the primer peak.  This probelm only
began with the Big Dye kit.  I don't want to go through all my
sequences and have to correct by hand (obviously this will take
considerable length of time).
Has anyone else had this problem and if so, could you please let
me know how you corrected it.

Thank you

Pippa Roddam
medplr at leeds.ac.uk