Major Gel Problems!

Sonia Lottinville Slotti1 at uic.edu
Fri Mar 17 16:12:04 EST 2000

Hi,
I have to  two ABI 377's and have been having a problem with consistent
data. I recently switched to Amersco's 5.25% Gene-page and am also using
their TBE packets for our 48cm XL runs. Recently, my gels appear to be
splitting up the middle (blank in the middle with samples showing up on
the edges)  and pushing the samples out of the reading range so I cannot
track the gel accurately. The samples appear to be fine (the ones that
show up). I've talked to Perkin-Elmers tech support and have perfomed an
acid wash on the plates. I've also used the Seque-Strip from Sigma and
am still having problems. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this
sort problems on their gels before?
Thanks in advance!
Sonia