PE Paper Combs and Horizontal Blue Fluorescent Bands

Dean Lavelle dean at
Tue Mar 21 12:56:29 EST 2000

Has anyone using the PE paper combs on a 377-96 ever notice two
horizontal blue fluorescent bands running across the gel at about 100
and 130 bp's?  I am using a modified  water loading protocol with .25X
TBE initially (which seems to look better for my gels) but everything is
pretty much standard besides that. I take out the paper comb after the
second loading. Has anyone ever seen this?  I sent a gel file to PE and
they say this is the first mention of this ever happening.

Much thanks,

Dean Lavelle
University of California, Davis
Plant Genetics Facility