moving ABI files between Macs and PCs

Anders Gorm Pedersen gorm at cbs.dtu.dk
Tue Sep 5 06:10:59 EST 2000

Mark Dowton wrote:

> I download my abi autosequencing files from an ftp site, with slightly
> different procedures depending on whether I am downloading onto a Mac
> (with Fetch) or a PC (with WSFTP).  Once downloaded, the files can't be
> moved between machines and read.  Is there a trick, or do I have to
> download twice, once onto my PC, again onto the Mac?

Macs come with something called "File Exchange" which will convert
between PC and Mac file formats. Depending on what system you're running
(OS 7, OS 8, ...) it may or may not be preinstalled, and the details of
running it are slightly different.

If you insist on going the other way, there are shareware PC-programs
that will do the same.

Hope this helps,
Anders

> --
> Mark Dowton
> Australian Flora and Fauna Research Centre
> Dept Biology
> Wollongong University
> Wollongong  NSW  2522
> AUSTRALIA